Hardware design engineer - Centurion
Introduction / Synopsis
Palace Power Systems (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Palace Group requires the services of a Hardware Design Engineer to join its design and development team in Centurion.
- BSc (Eng) or MSc (Eng) (preferred) with emphasis on Microprocessor firmware development
- Top academic record required, with sound analytical and practical skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required, in PCB design using Altium Designer
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the design of electricity, gas and water meters.
Specialist knowledge and experience required are as follows:
- Expert knowledge of electronic components, design for reliability and hardware qualification
- Mixed signal design (digital and analogue), have thorough understanding of digital electronic components and microprocessor architecture
- Microchip PIC 8-bit and 16-bit microprocessors and MPLAB IDE at expert level
- High volume production experience (Design to cost, production cost optimisation)
- Knowledge of ZigBee modules and networks would be an advantage
- Knowledge of GSM modules would be an advantage
- Experience of computer networking (TCP/IP) would be an advantage
Technically sharp, analytical, hard-working, goal orientated, team worker, fanatical attention to detail, uncompromising on core value items, long term view to be a world class developer.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Remuneration: An attractive market related remuneration package, commensurate with experience and qualifications is being offered.
Applications Closing Date: 07/05/2012
Submit applications together with salary expectations.
Send your applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.